Hair loss and thinning are significant issues that patients may presently be experiencing. Their concerns stem from the potential of it leading to permanent hair loss. At BSL Clinic, we offer preventative treatments for permanent hair loss.
Hair Growth Intervals and Life Cycle Phases
- The Anagen is the first phase in which hair growth first occurs. Approximately 90% of hair growth takes places on the scalp during this phase. The process occurs for 3 years.
- The Catagen is the second phase in which hair growth ceases to occur. The process occurs for 3 months.
- The Telogen is the third phase in which hair begins to fall out. The process occurs for 3 weeks.
- Before the beginning of a new phase cycle, the hair root ceases to grow for another 3 to 5 months.
Various aspects cause the occurrence of hair loss and thinning including poor blood circulation, lack of nutritious food intake, hormonal changes and stress. However, specific diseases increase the likelihood of developing hair loss. They are anemia, thyrotoxicosis, diabetes and hormonal abnormalities (particularly in women after child birth).
There are other main causes of hair loss and thinning, including:
Telogen Effluvium – directly due to both mental and physical stress. Illness, post-surgery and childbirth are the main factors in this type of hair loss. Proper nutrition and supplement intake is to be established for preventing hair loss and thinning.
Chronic Telogen – hair thinning occurs. Appropriate supplementation intake including vitamin B-12, lysine and iron is strongly considered.
Androgenetic Alopecia – hair loss occurs due to hormonal changes and genetic influences.
It is vital that the cause of the issue is determined and the treatment method implemented to prevent the issues of hair loss and thinning from worsening. BSL Clinic offers the following hair treatments:
- Mesotherapy treatment utilises a non-invasive aesthetic solution aimed at diminishing problematic areas in the patient’s body including hair loss. In achieving desired results, the patient must complement the treatment with a combination of a healthy diet with regular exercise.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy is a non-invasive treatment that uses the patient’s blood to generate hair growth. The growth factors in the patient’s blood cells activate, which in turn stimulates natural hair growth.