Eye Bags and Swelling
It occurs through the accumulation of water and fat around the eyes. Throughout the ageing of an individual, the collagen and elastin begin to deteriorate, leading to sagging which in turn increase the presence of water and fat. Also, allergies, sinusitis, increased blood pressure and high contents of salty foods can contribute to this issue.
Dark Eye Circles, Dark Spots, Dull Marks Around and Underneath the Eyes
The reduced blood circulation resulting in the enlargement of veins increase congestion and leakage of the blood around the eyes, due to the weakening of the capillaries. This makes the outside of the eye become black and dull. The melanin underneath the skin surface irritates the skin of the eye. This occurs through the constant rubbing of the eyes, eczema and cosmetic allergic reactions.
Wrinkles Around and Underneath the Eyes
The occurrence of wrinkles around and underneath the eyes is due to the reduction in skin elasticity and firmness. The skin area around the eyes is fragile and sensitive. Sun exposure, smoking, irritability of the skin around and underneath the eyes also contribute to the development of wrinkles.
- Reduce the intake of coffee, tea and quit smoking – It causes the interruption and poor blood circulation to the tissue surrounding the eyes, resulting in the appearance of dark spots.
- Correctly clean the areas around the eyes – Use a hypoallergenic cleaning agent to gently remove make-up, dirt particles and grease attached to the surface of the skin.
- Maintain regular sleep patterns – A lack of sleep causes an increase in melatonin resulting in dull spots underneath the eyes.
- Use recommended skin care products – BSL Clinic’s skin care product Skinesia contains a combination of ingredients including collagen, elastin, ceramide, phytosphingosine, shiso extract, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera and vitamin E to aid in the quick recovery of the skin. The nutrients and minerals are absorbed to revitalise the surrounding skin around the eyes.
- Laser treatments – It is highly effective in the treatments of various skin conditions, with favourable long-term outcomes. BSL Clinic’s dermatologists have extensive experiences, specialised skill sets and knowledge to operate specific laser technologies in undertaking their treatments safely.
- Periorbital darkening or dark eye circles – Pigment removal laser treatment utilised due to its accuracy in effectively removing pigments and dull spots safely around the eye areas.
- Infraorbital swelling and edema – The vascular laser utilised in the treatment of the congested veins underneath the eyes. The use of ultherapy, High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) or Radio Frequency (RF) removes the accumulation of water and fat around the eyes. It increases the production of collagen and elastin, creating a firmer, smoother and youthful looking skin.
- Hollowness underneath the eyes – Is caused by the depletion of collagen tissue, repositioning of fat around the eyes, structural ligament defects and tear gland producing a hollowness appearance alongside the curves of the eye globe. HA Filler is a safe treatment, with no downtime required.
- Periorbital rhytids and wrinkles – Anti-wrinkle injections contain purified proteins, which cause the facial muscles to relax and eliminate wrinkles. The utilisation of the Fractional Resurfacing technology including the CO2 laser minimises wrinkles and naturally increases the production of new collagen and elastin around the eye areas. Skin tightening treatments including the Ulthera, High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) and Radio Frequency (RF) technologies are undertaken for patients with eye wrinkles, sagging, droopy eyelids and eyebrows. Each skin issue is treated individually and with considerable care for effective results.