The Vampire Facelift uses a combination of Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy and reversible HA Filler, subtly restoring shape and volume to the face. The HA Filler is used to create a beautiful form and replace volume loss in the face. PRP is injected into a patient’s face to improve skin tone and texture. It is most suitable to those individuals wanting to have a naturally younger appearance!
The 3 Steps of the Vampire Facelift:
1. Creating a beautiful and natural shape – the Vampire Facelift treatment involves the specific use of the HA Filler to sculpt a youthful facial appearance while maintaining the natural shape of the face. Before conducting treatment, blood is drawn from the patient’s body (hence the name vampire).
Individual results may vary.
2. Isolating and activating the blood – the dermatologist draws about 20ml of blood and using the latest PRP technology to isolate the platelets from that blood. The technology activates the platelets, releasing at least eight growth factors that would typically be used to heal injured skin tissues. These growth factors create the production of new collagen and increase blood circulation. Also, the injection of growth factors into the face rejuvenates new skin. The treatment takes approximately 1 hour with minimal discomfort and no downtime.
3. Injecting growth factors into the face – there are 2 methods of injecting growth factors:
a) After applying numbing cream for about 40 minutes, growth factors are injected into the face of the patient in a specific manner.
b) Growth factors are immediately injected into the targeted area of the body after a Fractional Laser treatment.
These growth factors produce new collagen and increase blood circulation resulting in the:
• Rejuvenation of new skin tissue
• Restoration of skin colour and texture
• Healing of damaged and aged skin
• Increase in skin volume, where it becomes firmer, radiant and rejuvenated
The growth factors activate multi-potent stem cells located in the skin. The multi-potent stem cells develop into new collagen, blood vessels and fatty tissue to enhance the skin. The effects of the procedure improve within 2 to 3 months. The results of PRP therapy may last for up to 12 months, with 3 to 4 repeated treatments (varies between individuals). There is no downtime.