☉ Freckle, Sun-Spot, Dark Spot
☉ Melasma, Mask of Pregnancy
☉ Scar and Blemish Removal
☉ Rosacea, Red Birthmark, Facial Redness
☉ Keratosis Pilaris
Stretch Marks and Saggy Skin
Individual results may vary.
Stretch marks are long, thin scars appearing on the skin and are found in regions where fat is accumulated including the stomach, thighs, breasts, buttocks and shoulders. Certain life events of an individual can lead to the development of stretch marks, including:
• Pregnancy – during the final stage of pregnancy, stretch marks begin to appear. The skin elasticity of the individual is one of the main factors in whether or not stretch marks will develop. Stretch marks occur around the thighs, stomach and breasts during pregnancy.
• Rapid weight gain – stretch marks can be formed if weight is gained too quickly within a short amount of time.
• Puberty – hormonal changes can increase the growth rate of an individual, which could cause stretch marks to become apparent.
• Skin type – this factor can significantly determine whether or not the individual will easily develop stretch marks.
The stimulation of collagen is required to lessen the appearance of stretch marks. The Fraxel Dual Resurfacing Laser can be utilised for the treatment of stretch marks. It provides selective resurfacing treatment to the required areas of the body. The treatment works through resurfacing the skin by stimulating the growth of new healthy skin cells. The time frame and treatment structure allow for complete healing to occur. The production of new collagen and elastin to replace damaged tissues also ensues. Saggy skin occurs due to the decrease in collagen production, resulting in poor skin elasticity.
Factors: The Development of Saggy Skin
• Ageing – low production of collagen results in poor skin elasticity.
• Damaged skin – effects of smoking and constant direct sun exposure leads to the early breakdown of collagen.
• Repeated facial expressions – can contribute to the formation of deep wrinkles and saggy skin.
• Rapid weight loss – result in loss of fat with skin becoming loose and saggy.
Treatment Methods for Stretch Marks and Saggy Skin
1. Ultherapy – requires one non-invasive treatment that utilises ultrasound energy to deliver its collagen boosting treatment to lift skin on the neck, underneath the chin and on the eyebrows. The aim of the treatment is to stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin. Effective treatment results appear over 2 to 3 months.
2. Body Contouring Liposonix – is a non-invasive treatment that utilises a High Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) to eliminate stubborn fat by breaking through to the layers of skin, without harming the surrounding tissues. It takes approximately 8 to 12 weeks for results to appear. It is the length of time undertaken to eliminate fat tissues through the body’s natural healing process.
3. Skin Tightening Thermage – is a Radio Frquency (RF) treatment that focuses on the targeted area underneath the surface layer of the skin. It smoothens the facial lines, wrinkles and remodels the collagen for an overall healthy skin appearance. Between 2 to 6 months after treatment, the results become increasingly visible.
4. Body Contouring FX – is a non-invasive form of treatment in reducing the unattractive appearance of fat and cellulite.